RE: LSR

To: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: LSR
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
wrote:
> Dick
>
>       I must not be coming across the way that I
> hoped. I'm not trying to
> put down guys running in lower classes, as a
> matter of fact, many of those
> cars impress me.

Nah, not at all.  You come accross OK. I guess
some guys run those "off beat" combos because it
is a challenge.  The speed alone is not the only
challenge that they have to attack, but the
challenge of doing it either "the hard way", or
"their way".  Then too, some of them may run
those combos because that's what they have
available when they start, then when they get so
far into it, it's too hard to back out and go the
more conventional way.  I've kinda always been
the "off beat underdog-type" myself.  When I was
young I ran a Chevy (OHV 6)- but that was back
when the hot lick was a Ford (flathead).  I
finally built a Ford (overhead V-8) -about the
time Chevy became king. And, I'll never forget
the day that both my Ford and all of the Chevys
got wiped out by a blown 289 Studebaker Daytona!!
 Later, when I had a choice, I elected to build a
Mopar instead of a Chevy, even though I have no
doubt that I could have built a BBC for less than
I put into the RB 440 Mopar.  I dunno.  Some guys
just like marching to that other drummer.   Nice
thing about this net though, I really don't see
anybody trying to put down anybody else's way of
doing things - we all just love our cars and
racing!

=====
Dick J - - ECTA #72
G/FCC  - - XF/GR