Re: Maxton Sept Meet

To: <edvs@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton Sept Meet
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:38:47 -0700
No as it stands right now.... I am Driving Paul Chism's XJS jag.... it's
the twin turbo'ed car with an iced intercooler.... He has the car ready and
I am going to pick it up and transport it there on Thursday.... the car
should be Pretty quick based on my test drive...

The D motor is still on the stand waiting for me to figure out what the
hell I want to do....   I really think both John and Paul are on the right
track... this turbo deal is the ticket... especially in my class where the
records are so close... and the horse power of the turbo is so much
greater....

I have been studying alot about this set up and the more I read and know
the better I like it.... Turbo's and Digital fuel injection really seem to
give you a better shot at a quality tune up then a Carb.... I have always
run a carb because that is the technology I have some knowledge on....
(damn little but some) So I am reading a couple of books and basically
trying to understand the whole systems approach to a basic set up.... got
lots to learn... Keith

----------
> From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>; Land Speed List
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Maxton Sept Meet
> Date: Monday, September 20, 1999 4:14 PM
>
> Keith,
> Did you get your D motor back together or are you still running Brad's
> "C"
>
> ED
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
> >
> > Well all goes well I will be there with Paul Chism.... and Uncle Brad I
> > think... Looking forward to it.... oughta be a hell of a time.... Keith

> > > From: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> > > To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> > > Subject: Maxton Sept Meet
> > > Date: Monday, September 20, 1999 5:35 PM
> > >
> > >     Called David Lockear last night about all the flooding in NC.
Maxton