New member

To: "LSR Group" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New member
From: "Dave Mead" <meadd@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:37:14 +1200
Hi folks,

This is Dave Mead coming at ya from Down Under in New Zealand.

I have been a follower of land-speed racing since my HotRod influenced
childhood. 1984 was the first year that I first crossed the water to visit
the USA, and attended my first event at Bonneville. Since then I am proud
to have crewed with Chris Harris's C/STR at Bonneville in 1988, and have
been heavily involved with Richard Hollywood's '65 Falcon coupe which we
first raced at Lake Gairdner in Australia in May 1995.

Thanks to the generosity of Richard, I hold a "B"-class license and ran his
C/FALT to 188.4mph on the short-course (2-mile) at the inaugural ISC-DLRA
event.

Unfortunately a new job prevented me from joining Richard, Chris and the
other Kiwi's at the 50th Bonneville last August, but I was able to
contribute to the car & was most definitely there in spirit!!

An especially big Hello to my friends that I believe frequent this group,
and I am pleased to meet the rest of you <grin>.

Cheers,   Dave Mead (DLRA #129)