Repairs....

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Repairs....
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 23:02:04 -0700
Well Brad's motor is in the car and runs well... or so it seems...

This is our Back up motor for the Salt and We were really a little
reluctant to run it this next weekend.... but we decided that we had Just
enough information on the D motor to be dangerous.... if not to the record
to our motor....

Got the trans in and it seems to shift okay.... the new Nascar drive shaft
fit well and now we are down to the little stuff prior to leaving for
Maxton on Friday....

The interesting thing.. is that Brad had rebuilt this motor a year ago and
had never run it...  We simply assumed it was another Small Block and
didn't think changing it on the salt would be a major issue..... Well the
amazing thing is how much was different on this motor.... and how much
there was left to do to get it ready.. Now after this next weekend we
should be ready to use it as a spare motor.. had we not trial fit and run
the motor ... we would have been in real trouble....it was the little stuff
like oil restrictors to the top end and the oil filter adapter plate.. or
the Course thread bolts where I have fine thread on my motor... just little
stuff... but things much better sorted out in my shop then on the salt...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )