healeys

Re: [Healeys] Edd, Ant or Elvis?

To: greylinn@ozemail.com.au, 'Healeys' <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Edd, Ant or Elvis?
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> tRp1mibnRsWprc0hRVFB9ihnv2Opsmj6kIiRcryRUssq+LIEhteqtZtigcM0+uTtOUG1xUMTz9ifKl5eTRoXFAIeZalX9T7CqGKAm5AiAQOKUNrcMn8KlhpS
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 07:51:13 -0700

--------------PJ231swjADqstiYo0hoN0ulh

Ant was on a British show--similar to WD but funnier, and the host
wasn't as over-the-top as Brewer--and was the same 'act,' if you will. I
can't for the life of me remember the name of the show--it was only on
briefly--but the intro screen had the rear end of a 100 on it. I
sympathized with him because he always paid asking, and I can't haggle
for the life of me. I think Renee and Ant hooked-up after Ant left the
show and his American consort dumped him (can't for the life of me name
her, but she has a screechy voice and annoys the hell out of me,
shilling for Jacuzzi, all f'n day).

Gotta give WD credit; going on 20 seasons (I think). Most of the
American car shows have too much silliness and grabassery--and not much
technical stuff--for my taste (always the same: air-bag it, stuff an LS
in it and put huge dubs and a garish paint job on it). 'Phantom Works'
was good but cancelled; 'Roadkill Garage' has an occasional good tip
(big on tie-wraps).

Elvis may be the best yet.

On 6/26/2024 6:05 AM, greylinn@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Elvis for mine is the best - natural & with a good knowledge base. Ant the
> worst - always seemed to be 'acting' - perhaps Renee's influence? ð???

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
    Ant was on a British show--similar to WD but funnier, and the host
    wasn't as over-the-top as Brewer--and was the same 'act,' if you
    will. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the show--it
    was only on briefly--but the intro screen had the rear end of a 100
    on it. I sympathized with him because he always paid asking, and I
    can't haggle for the life of me. I think Renee and Ant hooked-up
    after Ant left the show and his American consort dumped him (can't
    for the life of me name her, but she has a screechy voice and annoys
    the hell out of me, shilling for Jacuzzi, all f'n day). <br>
    Gotta give WD credit; going on 20 seasons (I think). Most of the
    American car shows have too much silliness and grabassery--and not
    much technical stuff--for my taste (always the same: air-bag it,
    stuff an LS in it and put huge dubs and a garish paint job on it).
    'Phantom Works' was good but cancelled; 'Roadkill Garage' has an
    occasional good tip (big on tie-wraps). <br>
    Elvis may be the best yet.<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:greylinn@ozemail.com.au";>greylinn@ozemail.com.au</a> wrote:<br>
cite="mid:!&amp;!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAACLbBf6tPwJOogdcbZ17LgwBAMO2jhD3dRHOtM0AqgC7tuYAAAAAAA4AABAAAACk844NWv4eSq2EE9ssvZz3AQAAAAA=@ozemail.com.au">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Elvis for mine is the best - natural
&amp; with a good knowledge base. Ant the worst - always seemed to be 'acting'
- perhaps Renee's influence? ð???

Edd is the sentimental favorite, being the first. Tall, kinda dorky, but
completely knowledgeable and down-to-earth. Ant was good, too, and accessible;
his fling with an American reality show star--who's now hawking quickie
bathroom remodels (excessively)--doesn't count against him and, of course, he
tuned and sold a Big Healey at B-J for big bucks.
But Elvis is kinda growing on me now, and his F1 experience brings new aspects
to the repairs and rebuilds.

Earliest seasons are now on MotorTrend; the show's really changed over the
years (I don't subscribe but get them recorded).

</pre>

--------------PJ231swjADqstiYo0hoN0ulh--

--===============0200766263873237604==