healeys

[Healeys] Lay Gear End Float

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Lay Gear End Float
From: Harold Manifold <manifold@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 10:05:08 -0800

--0000000000003ecb7a060e872869

I will be assembling my Side Shift Gearbox soon. As I am going through the
parts list I noticed the rear thrust washer for the Lay Gear is available
in different thickness which suggests there is a specification for the end
float. The thrust washers come in 0.003" increments which would suggest an
end float of 0.001" to 0.003".

Does that sound right?

Thanks... Harold

--0000000000003ecb7a060e872869

oing through the parts list I noticed the rear thrust washer for the Lay Ge=
ar is available in different thickness which suggests=C2=A0there is a speci=
fication for the=C2=A0end float. The thrust washers come in 0.003&quot; inc=
rements=C2=A0which would suggest an end float=C2=A0of 0.001&quot; to 0.003&=
hanks... Harold</div></div>

--0000000000003ecb7a060e872869--

--===============4815513266417222334==