healeys

Re: [Healeys] BN4 steering box bearings

To: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN4 steering box bearings
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 10:11:04 +1300
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000d8009505f4730d72

Perhaps you have checked, but in my experience, if the balls need to be
replaced the races will be in bad condition.
If those on the worm are pitted you have a much more serious problem to
deal with.

On Sun., Feb. 12, 2023, 5:39 a.m. S and T Miller via Healeys, <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Has anyone replaced the individual ball bearings by removing each ball
> from the cage and replacing with new balls in a good cage? My measurements
> are 1/4" balls? Sound correct? Can't see why it wouldn't be possible. I
> realize the entire bearing cages are available, and I also need to replace
> one race.
> TIA, Shawn
>
> The Millers
>
> "Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
> drive."

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000d8009505f4730d72

lls need to be replaced the races will be in bad condition.<div dir=3D"auto=
">If those on the worm are pitted you have a much more serious problem to d=
n Sun., Feb. 12, 2023, 5:39 a.m. S and T Miller via Healeys, &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></=
div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-lef=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

d-color:transparent">
Has anyone replaced the individual ball bearings by removing each ball from=
 the cage and replacing with new balls in a good cage? My measurements are =
1/4&quot; balls? Sound correct? Can&#39;t see why it wouldn&#39;t be possib=
le. I realize the entire bearing cages are available,
 and I also need to replace one race.=C2=A0</div>
d-color:transparent">
TIA, Shawn=C2=A0</div>
=C2=A0<br>
&quot;Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a tes=
t drive.&quot;<br>

rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=