healeys

Re: [Healeys] Timing chain tensioner

To: ggilliam@usol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Timing chain tensioner
From: Michael Salter via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 08:09:13 -0400
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000b9c50705ec2b3e03

All the timing chain tensioners for 6 cylinder engines have a spring which
supplements the oil pressure or perhaps helps prevent the tensioner from
retracting when there is no pressure.
The small "O" rings are to be installed directly below the collets
"keepers" and are required to prevent oil from running between the collets
and down the valve stem. They should be installed onto the top of the valve
just before you install the collets.

On Fri., Oct. 28, 2022, 11:07 p.m. ggilliam--- via Healeys, <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Hello Listers, Happy Halloween!
>
> I am working on a 29K engine, and among the parts I'm replacing is the
> timing chain tensioner. The Moss replacement I received is a spring
> loaded unit, as opposed to the oil pressure operated original unit.
> Anybody have experience with this item...good or bad?
>   There are also 12 small o-rings in the head gasket kit...for valve
> stems I presume?
> How are they used? They were not present on the head at tear down.
> Regards,
> Gordy

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000b9c50705ec2b3e03

ve a spring which supplements the oil pressure or perhaps helps prevent the=
 tensioner from retracting when there is no pressure.=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto=
">The small &quot;O&quot; rings are to be installed directly below the coll=
ets &quot;keepers&quot; and are required to prevent oil from running betwee=
n the collets and down the valve stem. They should be installed onto the to=
p of the valve just before you install the collets.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=
v dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri., Oct. 28, 2022, 11:07 p.m. ggill=
iam--- via Healeys, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@a=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hello =
Listers, Happy Halloween!<br>
I am working on a 29K engine, and among the parts I&#39;m replacing is the =
timing chain tensioner. The Moss replacement I received is a spring <br>
loaded unit, as opposed to the oil pressure operated original unit. <br>
Anybody have experience with this item...good or bad?<br>
=C2=A0 There are also 12 small o-rings in the head gasket kit...for valve <=
br>
stems I presume?<br>
How are they used? They were not present on the head at tear down.<br>
Regards,<br>
Gordy<br>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=