healeys

Re: [Healeys] Turn Signals

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Turn Signals
From: Engl <engl@accesscomm.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 18:24:04 -0600
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Fred

Iâ??ve taken a good look at the BJ8 electrical system around the signal system
with the object of converting to LEDs eventually. As the signal light flashers
ground through the signal lights, there has to be something to provide a higher
resistance than pure LEDâ??s.

A couple of questions:

Do you have ballast resistors on any of the signal light LEDâ??s?

Do you have an electronic flasher?  The ones I mean have a separate ground wire.

An easy thing to try is to substitute regular incandescent bulbs in, say, both
rear signal lights and see if that helps.

Bob England