healeys

Re: [Healeys] Oil loss

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil loss
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:58:46 -0700

--------------FP8OFGq27WtPM71EAF5JV2Cy

I'm surprised dipsticks haven't become a $500 option.

On 4/20/2022 1:29 PM, Tom via Healeys wrote:
> My 2010 BMW X3 may not have a dip stick, but it does have stick...
> last year BMW put a manual transmission in the X3.     It was a small
> price to pay to get a manual transmission.
>
> - Tom
>

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 5:56 AM Alan Seigrist via Healeys
> <healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>     sounds like theyâ??ve turned the idiot lights into the complete
>     idiot box!
>
>     Kind of like when I got into the new VW e-golf at the dealer and
>     when I turned it on the screen it told me to â??check engine oilâ?? ð?¤£
>     Iâ??m not kidding.  I subsequently bought a good old American made
>     Tesla instead!
>
>     On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 at 8:34 PM, Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
>     wrote:
>
>         I had a very interesting incident with my Audi A6 turbo.
>
>         I started the car a few mornings ago and after about 5
>         minutes, the dashboard screen popped up a message saying
>         "Caution reduce your oil level. Contact your dealer."   I was
>         somewhat surprised at the message, thinking someone snuck into
>         my garage overnight and added oil to the engine.  So, I
>         decided to check the oil level.  After lifting the hood, I
>         could not find the dipstick for the oil or for the
>         transmission.  I called the dealer who told me to drive the
>         car very slowly to the dealership. At the dealership, the car
>         was examined (electronically I suppose) and I was told
>         everything was fine.  I was informed that the radar sensors in
>         the front grill sometimes get too wet and could cause false
>         oil messages.
>
>         I was told that my car does not have oil and
>         transmission dipsticks.  It seems that the computers read
>         everything and flash messages when something is wrong.
>
>         So, check the moisture content of the radar sensors in the
>         front grill of your Healey if your car gives you an oil level
>         message.
>
>         I'm just mentioning,
>
>         Fred
>         66 BJ8
>
>         On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 3:32 PM Bob Spidell via Healeys
>         <healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>             Lest we bemoan, too much, a little drip from our bell
>             housings:

--------------FP8OFGq27WtPM71EAF5JV2Cy

  <head>
  </head>
    I'm surprised dipsticks haven't become a $500 option.<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CANQM1PL9kokvANeGVSfSQO1QNHaNWent=B+F1Yjj++OJf_cxww@mail.gmail.com">
        does have stick...  last year BMW put a manual transmission in
        the X3.     It was a small price to pay to get a manual
        transmission.
          AM Alan Seigrist via Healeys &lt;<a
            href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
            into the complete idiot box!</div>
            at the dealer and when I turned it on the screen it told me
            to â??check engine oilâ?? ð?¤£ Iâ??m not kidding.  I subsequently
            bought a good old American made Tesla instead!</div>
                8:34 PM, Fred Wescoe &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:fredwescoe@gmail.com"; target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">fredwescoe@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                wrote:<br>
                0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                  Audi A6 turbo.
                    about 5 minutes, the dashboard screen popped up a
                    message saying "Caution reduce your oil level.
                    Contact your dealer."   I was somewhat surprised at
                    the message, thinking someone snuck into my garage
                    overnight and added oil to the engine.  So, I
                    decided to check the oil level.  After lifting the
                    hood, I could not find the dipstick for the oil or
                    for the transmission.  I called the dealer who told
                    me to drive the car very slowly to the dealership.
                    At the dealership, the car was examined
                    (electronically I suppose) and I was told
                    everything was fine.  I was informed that the radar
                    sensors in the front grill sometimes get too wet and
                    could cause false oil messages.  </div>
                    transmission dipsticks.  It seems that the computers
                    read everything and flash messages when something is
                    wrong.</div>
                    sensors in the front grill of your Healey if your
                    car gives you an oil level message.  </div>
                    at 3:32 PM Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<br>
                    0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                    rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Lest we bemoan,
                    too much, a little drip from our bell housings:<br>

--------------FP8OFGq27WtPM71EAF5JV2Cy--

--===============1646311846862154349==