healeys

[Healeys] Multimeter Question

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Multimeter Question
From: llennep--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 00:03:37 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_431939_2117658397.1613001817656

Hello Listers,I am seeking to tap the knowledge of the list on this general=
 auto matter.I bought a hot rod last year and from the get go I have had a =
battery drain. =C2=A0If system is left on the batt will get too weak to sta=
rt engine in a couple days or so. =C2=A0Recently I have been chasing the pr=
oblem in earnest. =C2=A0I did find one issue and resolved that with the hop=
e that the drain was fixed. No. =C2=A0Still there.So yesterday I began prep=
aring for the standard search method - pulling fuses one at a time and noti=
ng the drop in amps running through the system. =C2=A0However I needed a de=
pendable multimeter. =C2=A0I have 3 but do not trust the amperage reading o=
n any of them. =C2=A0I secured a known good meter today and here is what I =
am observing.The reading starts out reading a few tenths amp fluctuating wi=
ldly and then drops to almost 0 in 2-3 seconds. =C2=A0This happens time aft=
er time. =C2=A0What is going on here? =C2=A0Why is the meter behaving this =
way?Any help much appreciated.Keith
------=_Part_431939_2117658397.1613001817656

matter.</div>

drain. &nbsp;If system is left on the batt will get too weak to start engine in
a couple days or so. &nbsp;Recently I have been chasing the problem in earnest.
&nbsp;I did find one issue and resolved that with the hope that the drain was
fixed. No. &nbsp;Still there.</div>

fuses one at a time and noting the drop in amps running through the system.
&nbsp;However I needed a dependable multimeter. &nbsp;I have 3 but do not trust
the amperage reading on any of them. &nbsp;I secured a known good meter today
and here is what I am observing.</div>

then drops to almost 0 in 2-3 seconds. &nbsp;This happens time after time.
&nbsp;What is going on here? &nbsp;Why is the meter behaving this way?</div>

------=_Part_431939_2117658397.1613001817656--

--===============5607060032736183541==