healeys

Re: [Healeys] 2 post lift

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2 post lift
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 08:57:28 -0500

--------------7DD2178016AEA870B9555553

This kind of lift is fine as a substitute for jack stands, but as most
Austin-Healey and vintage British car owners are getting to the point in
life where getting down and back up from a creeper is no longer easy, a
lift that will bring the car to a minimum height where a mechanics seat
can roll under up to a height where one can stand under it would be much
more helpful.

I believe that Simon's original request was a lift that can be used in a
garage that does not have an over abundance of ceiling height.  The
Quick Jack meets that, but doesn't get the car high enough.

Does anyone have experience with a mid range two or four post lift?

Charlie

On 2/3/2021 12:49 AM, Michael MacLean wrote:
> I was lucky enough to source the 3500 pound Quick Jack lifts.  It
> raises the car high enough to comfortably slide underneath on a
> creeper,  but most of the time I just lay a movers blanket under the
> car and crawl underneath.  Even thus 3500 pound lift is good for any
> car that I have.  Quick jack even has a retrofit kit to use the lifts
> to raise my Harley Davidson high enough that I can do fluid changes
> and other work sitting on a mechanics seat. Having a two car garage
> that houses two British cars and a motorcycle the quick Jack's are
> nice because you can hang the vertical against the wall out of the
> way.  Quick Jack offers hangers just for this reason.  My sonbwas here
> yesterday servicing his girlfriend's Honda Civic on the Quick Jack.
> It gets used.
> Mike MacLean
>
> Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>     On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 9:34 PM, i erbs
>     <eyera3000@gmail.com> wrote:
>     Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>     >http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>

>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer.mike@att.net
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer.mike@att.net>

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mgcharlie@comcast.net

--------------7DD2178016AEA870B9555553

  <head>
  </head>
      most Austin-Healey and vintage British car owners are getting to
      the point in life where getting down and back up from a creeper is
      no longer easy, a lift that will bring the car to a minimum height
      where a mechanics seat can roll under up to a height where one can
      stand under it would be much more helpful.</p>
      used in a garage that does not have an over abundance of ceiling
      height.  The Quick Jack meets that, but doesn't get the car high
      enough.<br>
      lift?</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1342025450.1903669.1612331380887@mail.yahoo.com">
      I was lucky enough to source the 3500 pound Quick Jack lifts.  It
      raises the car high enough to comfortably slide underneath on a
      creeper,  but most of the time I just lay a movers blanket under
      the car and crawl underneath.  Even thus 3500 pound lift is good
      for any car that I have.  Quick jack even has a retrofit kit to
      use the lifts to raise my Harley Davidson high enough that I can
      do fluid changes and other work sitting on a mechanics seat.
      Having a two car garage that houses two British cars and a
      motorcycle the quick Jack's are nice because you can hang the
      vertical against the wall out of the way.  Quick Jack offers
      hangers just for this reason.  My sonbwas here yesterday servicing
      his girlfriend's Honda Civic on the Quick Jack.  It gets used.
            id="ymail_android_signature_link"
href="https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&amp;c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=ym&amp;af_sub1=Internal&amp;af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=EmailSignature";
            moz-do-not-send="true">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on
            Android</a></div>
href="mailto:eyera3000@gmail.com";>&lt;eyera3000@gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote:</div>
            border-left: 1px solid #6D00F6;">
            _______________________________________________<br
              clear="none">
            Support Team.Net <a shape="rect"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target="_blank"
              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
              clear="none">
            Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br clear="none">
            Archive: <a shape="rect"
              href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys "
              target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys