healeys

Re: [Healeys] rear rake drum source?

To: banjojohn <banjojohn@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear rake drum source?
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 21:12:38 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000595c74059604d46c

I had the new drums on my Sorite project turned at a machine shop. He said
they had five high spots.  Round and true now.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 11:02 AM John <banjojohn@cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Listers:
>
> I am trying to find a source for some new rear brake drums for my BJ8.
> My old drums seem to be out of round, as they drag in certain spots and
> turn free in others as I rotate them.  I ordered a new pair through a
> recommended reseller for M**s and when I mounted them, they also drug in
> a couple spots and turned free in others.  I tried running them but had
> a significant shake in the pedal on braking.  They were also so close to
> maximum inside diameter that I could not have them turned to true them
> up.  They were sent back.
>
> Any other recommended sources I should check to get good quality (round)
> drums, that also might have enough metal to them that they could be
> turned if need be?
>
> Thanks for any info
>
> John O'Brien
>
> '65 BJ8 (Madelyn)
>
> '61 Bugeye (Lucy)

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--000000000000595c74059604d46c

ine shop. He said they had five high spots.=C2=A0 Round and true now.<br><b=
_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 11:02 A=
M John &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:banjojohn@cox.net";>banjojohn@cox.net</a>&gt; w=
rote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex=
;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Listers:<br>
I am trying to find a source for some new rear brake drums for my BJ8.=C2=
=A0 <br>
My old drums seem to be out of round, as they drag in certain spots and <br=

turn free in others as I rotate them.=C2=A0 I ordered a new pair through a =
recommended reseller for M**s and when I mounted them, they also drug in <b=
r>
a couple spots and turned free in others.=C2=A0 I tried running them but ha=
d <br>
a significant shake in the pedal on braking.=C2=A0 They were also so close =
to <br>
maximum inside diameter that I could not have them turned to true them <br>
up.=C2=A0 They were sent back.<br>
Any other recommended sources I should check to get good quality (round) <b=
r>
drums, that also might have enough metal to them that they could be <br>
turned if need be?<br>
Thanks for any info<br>
John O&#39;Brien<br>
&#39;65 BJ8 (Madelyn)<br>