healeys

Re: [Healeys] Door card material

To: warthodson@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Door card material
From: Roland Wilhelmy <sentenac.rw@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 08:44:24 -0700
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net

--000000000000e1580305954553e8

I used plywood from aircraft Spruce and Specialty. 3 ply. Finnish birch.
Available in thicknesses from 1/64 =E2=80=9C up by 64ths. Tested to German =
Lloyd
specs. Something like five hours in boiling salt water.
-Roland

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019, 7:40 AM warthodson--- via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> What ever you use, consider that at some point in time they may get wet.
> For example, you might get caught in a heavy rain storm before you can fi=
nd
> a spot to erect the top & install the side curtains (if your car has them=
).
> The material might buckle, warp or delaminate if it is not water resistan=
t.
> Gary Hodson

il_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Oct 19, 2019, 7:40 =
AM warthodson--- via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">
t. For example, you might get caught in a heavy rain storm before you can f=
ind a spot to erect the top &amp; install the side curtains (if your car ha=
s them). The material might buckle, warp or delaminate if it is not water r=
esistant.</div>

Original Message-----<br>
oors. My research has found that people use everything including ABS plasti=
c, foam board, masonite and plywood. I&#39;m leaning towards Baltic Birch p=
lywood at this point but I would like the infinite wisdom of this list befo=
re I go down that, or any other, road.<br>

--000000000000e1580305954553e8--

--===============8979191405863065008==