healeys

[Healeys] Dipstick/Jaquar Qality

Subject: [Healeys] Dipstick/Jaquar Qality
From: gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com (Richard Collins)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 03:18:04 +0000
I had the same issue with my BN7 when I got it. The stick was too short and
while I put the manual quantity in, nothing registered. Result was way over
filling when I realized the issue .
Drained it and started over once I got a correct stick.

Regards,
Richard C

Back in my happy Sprite days I frequented a shop that let us use their tools
and space to work on our own cars.

One day I noticed a Jaguar XK140 DroipHead Coupe gathering dust in a corner.
The young lady who owned it had burned up the motor. I bought it and asked the
owner to rebuild the engine.

When I drove it the oil pressure would begin to fluctuate. I brought it back to
the shop and John checked the oil lever. The new DipStick read full. He added
some oil go calm the oil gage,and off I went.

Problem solved: In spite of the part number being stamped on the stick, the
mark was in the wrong place. It showed full when there was little oil in the
sump!

Now being convinced, John found the problem and off we went to new adventures.

Jack