healeys

[Healeys] Carpet fit - on top of trans tunnel - BJ-8

Subject: [Healeys] Carpet fit - on top of trans tunnel - BJ-8
From: al at bighealey.org (Al Fuller)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:41:17 -0400
OK, it's time to [finally] get the new-ish carpet to fit as it drapes down
the trans tunnel.  As it stands, the carpet is too big for the tunnel and
bunches up on top, as well as on the sides.  This is likely made worse by
the fact that the trans tunnel has been lowered and narrowed a bit.

I think I have seen cars where the carpet was cut along the top of the trans
tunnel, and the cut hidden by the console.  If anyone has pictures and
description, it would be appreciated.  Also, any other tips would go a long
way.

Thanks,

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org