healeys

[Healeys] 100 boot lid "prop rod"

Subject: [Healeys] 100 boot lid "prop rod"
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 20:03:28 -0500
The end of my 100 boot lid "prop rod" that is supposed to connect to the
bracket on the boot lid has a 3/8" diameter hole in it. I assume it should have
a captive bolt of some sort that would fit into the hole in the boot lid
bracket & a "self locking" nut would thread on to the end of the captive bolt,
after it is inserted into the hole in the bracket.  If this is correct? What is
the diameter of the captive bolt? How long is the captive bolt? Does the
bracket simply pivot on the threaded portion of the bolt? That seems like a bad
design! Or does the captive bolt have an unthreaded section?
Thanks,
Gary