healeys

[Healeys] Aluminum Gas Tank

Subject: [Healeys] Aluminum Gas Tank
From: goldengt at cal.net (goldengt)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:13:45 -0700
I have 130000 miles on an aluminum tank. No sealer.Ken Freese?

-------- Original message --------From: Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net>
Date: 4/10/17  7:43 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: healeys at autox.team.net Subject: Re:
[Healeys] Aluminum Gas Tank

    My immediate response would have been 'yes,' as I've sealed two
      new (steel) tanks with no negative results (one's been sealed for
      at least 20 years).? However, Hirsch's own FAQ says 'SEALER SHOULD
      ONLY BE USED AS A LAST RESORT'? (the whole doc is in caps).? So,
      if a company that has a vested interest in selling sealer doesn't
      recommend it, I wouldn't do it again, esp. with an Al tank, which
      should be more impervious to rusting (I believe Al forms a thin
      oxide layer on its surface anyway).
    http://www.hirschauto.com/sealer.pdf

    Bob

    On 4/10/2017 12:01 AM, Michael MacLean