healeys

[Healeys] Confusing fuel starvation--BJ8

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Confusing fuel starvation--BJ8
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 18:07:22 -0400
Thought I had found why I was getting fuel starvation.  I would be driving
along and the engine wanten to die---flip the acc and pull the choke and it
wold fire up again---did this over and over to nurse the car home.

Since the fuel pup was operating as it should, I figured it must be in a carb.

Took the tops off the fuel bowl.  Rea was full of gas-----front only 1/2 way up.

Looked at the Grose jet and it seemed to be sticking===pulled it cleaned
it----and broke the tip off.

Had another original jet so installed it---thought that was it.

Started it up and same symptoms.

What next??  Anyn ideas?

tom