healeys

Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Brakes
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 23:51:46 +0200
--===============8977368578984697396==
 boundary="------------588CA6A19AB5EB6FF224CF7D"

--------------588CA6A19AB5EB6FF224CF7D

Use Eesybleed on MC or vacuum pump at bleed nippels.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 2-7-2016 om 20:48 schreef Roger Grace:

> At my wits end with this problem ...
>
> The brakes on my BJ8 have always been hard and bit well with little
> pedal movement.
>
> Changed out the front callipers (to 4 pot) and the problems started.
>
> After repeated bleeding on first push,pedal went to the floor.
>
> After 2/3 pumps the pedal came right up and held.After about 30 secs
> of no pressure on pedal goes to the floor again.
>
> Pistons are all in contact with pads and pads with disc; all looks
> good at callipers.
>
> Suspecting a faulty MC changed it out.
>
> Primed the new MC with fluid prior to installing.
>
> Same story after another 1.5 pints of DOT 4 fluid focusing mainly on
> bleeding front callipers and booster (new); also bled rear drums.
>
> Pedal still goes to the floor on first pump and comes up after pumping
> as before.
>
> No visible leaks and inlet from reservoir shows no leaks: tapped
> callipers with mallet to dislodge any air pockets.
>
> I am using the one man bleed system a with clear tube into a container
> and close the bleeder valve with no visible air at nipple and full
> tube of fluid to container. BTW also changed clutch MC at same time
> and no problems with bleeding etc.
>
> Have now run about 1.5 pints of fluid through the new MC - perhaps am
> being too impatient ?
>
> But no evidence of any air after about 0.5 pint. Typically how much
> fluid is required to clear air from MC and lines ?
>
> Now sort or suspecting the inlet to MC from reservoir but for life of
> me cannot see how air can get in with no visible fluid leaks,
>
> Any ideas from the more AH experienced listers appreciated.
>
> rg

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------588CA6A19AB5EB6FF224CF7D

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Use Eesybleed on MC or vacuum pump at bleed nippels.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Op 2-7-2016 om 20:48 schreef Roger Grace:<br>
      cite="mid:C45997DD4B7440B4B3E0A3BEBDF34E5D@WINDOWST93OFP9"
      type="cite">
        charset=iso-8859-1">
            hard and bit well with little pedal movement.</p>
            callipers (to 4 pot) and the problems started.</p>
            and held.<span>  </span>After about 30 secs of no pressure
            pads with disc; all looks good at callipers.</p>
            installing.</p>
            4 fluid focusing mainly on bleeding front callipers and
            pump and comes up after pumping as before.</p>
            shows no leaks: tapped callipers with mallet to dislodge any
            air pockets.</p>
            with clear tube into a container and close the bleeder valve
            fluid to container. BTW also changed clutch MC at same time
            and no problems with bleeding etc.</p>
            through the new MC - <span> </span>perhaps am being
            0.5 pint. Typically how much fluid is required to clear air
            from MC and lines ?</p>
            from reservoir but for life of me cannot see how air can get
            in with no visible fluid leaks,</p>
            listers appreciated.</p>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"