healeys

Re: [Healeys] Overdrive

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com> s=q20140121; t=1404779091; bh=nvukOyJq/iOI4PmAsBO6NDkVJA9kbCBA6Yom/9DnFF0=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=uvzFOODC/ieFecInMgsW7ioz8iLWoK41AYvmeK71jsP5a7J6YFvyJfSI0z35jLZ+C 82dTFGHaFpCd4atOpNVqBGT/NLPyU/7AM327tXUKjjRiS3HYBOgRIaTy9IKT1VWuiS NK/lhkogaYoACMr8h2tn/G+nXH6k1RXAs5wZEZsQ3bvn+s2/Uv11xDVwE0tkdVSNtN rozfPgHvTkg+cscNYO+scGdbvcKuwTwG8CqgIda3njyojGx4cntCCTSpb/lo+DukAL fQ1LDbdxOJCsoaL5xb06vD1rcZtjZnzZWzIjj31c+IzKqPSiikK215rIxxypljL5kc k35buMyUF5aAA==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive
From: fogbro1@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 00:24:51 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Fred,

Did you align the splines by eyeball or did you use a dummy shaft or even a
spare o/d shaft to align them?

Did you pass the mainshaft through both sets of splines prior to assembly of
the overdrive , just to make sure everything fit?

Was this overdrive a unit before you rebuilt it, or was it a bunch of parts?

The only time I ever has a problem like the one you describe was when the
splines simply would not accept the overdrive shaft. That's why I always test
both pieces on the shaft before I assemble the overdrive.

I'd strongly suggest you prove that the splines are aligned and undamaged by
the use of a dummy shaft, not eyesight.

Ed Woods