healeys

Re: [Healeys] Brake master cylinder repair kit

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake master cylinder repair kit
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:23:44 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
A shop that rebuilt a serve MC for me--I believe they used a stainless
sleeve--left a very fine hone pattern on the sleeve bore. Their argument/logic
was basically the same as for leaving a hone on engine cylinders: with a
perfectly smooth cylinder wall the seal scrapes all fluid off the wall, leaving
none for lubrication; whereas a fine-honed surface allows a bit of fluid to
lubricate the edge of the seal.

Makes sense to me, but some things that make sense to me may not not be
correct.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA