healeys

Re: [Healeys] Famous Healey People

To: shop@justbrits.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Famous Healey People
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:45:40 -0500
Last week I was behind a woman in the left turn lane. The light was green
for us. There was no traffic coming from the opposing direction. She did not
turn left despite my honking the horn. The light then turned red and cross
traffic went through on their green. The light for the cross traffic turned
red, our light turned green now with the green left turn arrow and, guess
what. She then proceeded to turn left.

Guess she thought that she could only turn left in the left turn lane with a
left turn green arrow. Either our driving instructors are idiots or their
pupils are -- or both.

Prior to this, I was behind another person making a right turn where the
sign said no right turn on red but there was a green right turn arrow. When
I beeped, she lowered her window and pointed at the sign. I yelled at her
that the green arrow meant to turn and she actually said "I don't break the
law" -- and she wasn't even blond. Guess what -- she refused to move until
the lights had cycled and the regular green light came on.

I mentioned these incidents to a cop who patrols the area and he told me
that DMV in New Jersey does not test for stupidity. The dumbing down of
America is appalling.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com