healeys

Re: [Healeys] Steve McQueen's Healey

To: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steve McQueen's Healey
From: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:55:46 -0800 (PST)
Ken,

  Don't know if McQueen ever personally owned a Healey, but he co-drove a
Sprite with John Colgate in the 1962 Sebring 12-hour.  There's a pic here:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Sebring-1962-03-24-photo.html

  Rick

"Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com> wrote:
  I thought that the last 100S listed as Lost in North America on the
Register might have a Steve McQueen connection. Alas, not to be. 100S
Serial number 3508 is in Ohio needing an engine and restoration. I was
contacted by the owner a couple of weeks ago. No McQueen connection.
In the December issue of Octane Magazine, there is an article on Steve
McQueen's cars, listing a 1956 Austin Healey. The article is in
conjuction with the release of a book about his cars. The book was also
on the shelf nearby in the store. The book only lists a Sprite as owned
by McQueen. Does anyone know where McQueen's Sprite is? or is this an
error in that he only raced a Sprite owned by someone else?
Ken Freese
100S Registrar
Healeys@autox.team.net