healeys

100 Battery Cable

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100 Battery Cable
From: jomar healey <ah53@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
Finally got out #923 last week after redoing the front end.  Shocks were dated
11/53 so I assume it was all "original".  Next time it needs to be done I'll be
113. Anyway after a short ride I could hear sparking and smell electrical
smoke.  Turns out the battery cable was shorting on the universal joint.  Does
anyone know off hand how long of I cable is needed.  I guessing 5-6 feet of 61
strand braided over PVC cable.  Any thoughts are welcome.  BTW the blue '53
Healey that just finished on ebay was only 20 numbers from my car.  I emailed
the guy for his body number but did not hear back.  I know #924 is on the west
coast and thought I might have found #922.

Joe
BN1 #923 Coronet Cream
BN2 100M
BJ8 Just a great car.