healeys

Re: speedometer angle drive

To: T W <ah3000me@gmail.com>, healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speedometer angle drive
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:13:15 -0400
Tom,

Unfortunately there's another piece that fits between the gear and the end
cover.  For the lack of a better name, I'd call it a top hat disc.  It's
something like this:

                ------
               /      \

The end of the gear rides against the raised center section.  I just had my
right angle drive apart and took a picture of the parts.  Let me know if
you'd like send it to you.  It wouldn't be too hard to machine a new disc
(the original one is stamped), but I didn't take any dimensions when I had
mine apart.

Bob