healeys

silicone brake fluid

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: silicone brake fluid
From: geatros <geatros@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:33:33 -0700
Hey everyone,
Sorry to bring up this debate ....... I've just rebuilt the brake and clutch
hydraulics on my 66 BJ8 . New servo, masters, hoses, wheel cylinders  rebuilt
the calipers ,rebuilt the clutch slave , turned the rotors ect........so the
system is clean and new. I've heard there is no rubber swelling adgent in
silicone brake fluid so things are prone to leaking. I was told you can soak
the rubber seals in regular brake fluid overnight wipe the parts clean then
assemble and this will promot swelling of the rubber seals. I'll  be driving
the Healey only on nice days and not a daily driver.........

So what should I use in my Healey , what are your thoughts? Pros and Cons ?

Cheers Kenny
Vancouver BC