healeys

Re: electric line for air compressor

To: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: electric line for air compressor
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:11:05 -0500
Lin,

If the garage will not be attached to the house, my advise is to run
220v power to a new breaker panel in the garage. Panel should have at
least a dozen spaces for breakers. From then on you can distribute the
120 v outlets and lighting plus special purpose 240v outlets as desired.
I get by with a 120 v 5 hp air compressor  but think once its shot I
will replace with 240 v unit.

I looked at the four post and two post lifts and decided that four posts
would severely limit the usable space in my garage. I bought a 10,000 #
rated two post lift and am very happy with it. Don't know how I got by
for 40 years without one. Its a 120 v unit and works fine.

Alan Schultz