healeys

RE: First visit

To: "Bernard Cristalli" <bcrist@club-internet.fr>, "Healey List"
Subject: RE: First visit
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:44:01 -0500
Hi Bernard, I've never heard of a side-shift gearbox itself being
converted to a center-shift.  Of course the entire trans can be swapped
readily...I just did one for an owner.  It was a BJ8 trans that went
into a BN7.  You'll need the center-shift trans tunnel too.  Better yet,
convert to the Toyota 5 speed like I did in my personal car.  BTW, some
Mk2's originally came with side-shift boxes...it just depends on when
your car was manufactured.
Jack