healeys

Healey Marque/Delegates Meeting

To: tomfelts@earthlink.net, rnbmail@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Marque/Delegates Meeting
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:33:56 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2007 7:48:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tomfelts@earthlink.net writes:

OK--you have my proxy:):)  See I'm saving the club a few $$$$ by not
spending delegate money.
Tom--

Perhaps you are, but unless your club is represented then its voice is not
being heard.  If you are serious about the proxy it would be my honor.  However
you need to let the AHCA Secretary know in advance in writing/email that I can
serve as proxy for the Three Rivers AHC at the Conclave Delegates meeting.

I wonder how many AHCA members are aware that there is a move afoot to
redefine the term "quorum" in the AHCA Bylaws.  At the last Delegates meeting a
motion was made, seconded and passed "first reading" that would drop the
requirement that at least 50% of the Area Clubs be present either in person or
by proxy
in order for a quorum to be constituted.  The proposed Bylaw amendment would
simply make whatever percentage that is there a quorum.  If anyone is
concerned they should ask their Delegate and/or AHCA Officers about the matter.

Advocates for the amendment say that because many Area Clubs do not have a
Delegate in attendance (again either in person or by proxy) business thus
cannot
be done absent 50% plus one.  Indeed this is a real concern that was narrowly
averted recently.  However I fear that the message to smaller and/or
geographically "remote-from-Delegates-meetings" chapters is that their
participation
is not necessary and thus the problem is compounded:  The inactive stay
inactive.

I think there are other inclusive solutions that would encourage
participation. For the record I voted against the amendment and I was in the
minority.  I
feel that if AHCA is to be a true national club then it must raise its goals
for itself and not lower them simply for espedience.  I hope that there will be
a sufficient presence of Area Clubs at the Conclave Delegates meeting to put
the move to amend the Bylaws quorum definition aside for the present.

Best--Michael Oritt
Capital Area AHC Delegate