healeys

Windswept wales UK.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Windswept wales UK.
From: Daveshealey100@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:09:27 EST
Hi everyone,
                      We usually spend Christmas in San Diego where my
partner Christine has an  apartment / condo (not sure what either means but she
owns
the place). This year  both my daughters are ill in the UK, Vicky 21 and
Pauline 36. Vicky has a  Tuberculosis, probably brought in by the huge number
of
European immigrants that  are coming into the UK. (she works in a 24/7 store)
and Pauline has cancer. I  guess what makes it hard is the fact that you dont
expect your children to have  life threatening illnesses. Most of me seems to
be Working OK, I am nearly 60  and only have creaking knees, high blood
pressure and a Hiatus hernia. Despite  this we have just been to Thailand and
mainland China and had a great  time.
We got back home after a 14 hour flight and a four hour drive to our
windswept home in Wales, The 53 Healey has been in the garage since November
when
the local authority spreads salt on all our roads because of ice and snow.
After turning on the water ( in case it freezes) and winding the heating up I
went into the garage to check on Mary (number 70, BN1, 100-4) I slid off the
cover and turned the key, the carbs ticked and I pulled the choke.
On the third press of the starter button she fired and ran. I opened the
garage door in case the carbon monoxide finished me off. Chris came into the
garage, smiled and said " so how is the other love of your life" ?
You know I get worried, Mary has never let me down in the years I have  owned
her, none of the problems that I see on the autox team emails, no bad  rotor
arms, no sticking overdrives, she has been the perfect lady. I feed her,
polish her and talk to her all the time, my son Eric has grown to love her and
his son Bailey (4) runs to the garage and sits in the drivers seat  everytime
they visit. So I guess I am blessed by this Ice blue soon to be 53  year old
lady.
Have a great new year and be happy.

Kind regards

Dave