healeys

Late BJ8 rear lic plate bracket

To: Mark and kathy LaPierre <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, Healey List
Subject: Late BJ8 rear lic plate bracket
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:59:04 -0800
Mark:

Looks homemade to me.  The very late North American BJ8's had a 2 piece rear
plate bracket that mounted to the rear bumper, wrapped around, and mounted
the licence plate light housing above the plate.

Attatched are a couple of photos of the 2 pieces - courtesy of fellow lister
Jack Ackerlin in the Netherlands who sent them to me awhile back.

The earlier BJ8's (North American) used the same simple one piece bracket
mounted to the rear shroud as the earlier 6 cyl. cars, with the light
housing mounted directly to the bumper.  Lots of people didn't like the
looks of the late bracket, and switched back to the earlier setup.  The
correct bracket for you car will depend on the exact body # - The change was
at body 79900 (US and Canadian cars only).

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8