healeys

Re: Anti-sway bar mounting

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Anti-sway bar mounting
From: <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:34:07 -0500
Man, most of these ideas seem to be pretty drastic measures for us
Healeyites that don't weld.

Here is a fix that I found at an Ace or True Value store.  In those assorted
boxes of fittings, washers, nuts , bolts, and do dads that all these
hardware stores have I found various sized "Well Nuts."  But not in the
usual rubber type. These were aluminum.  And along with the well nut comes a
specific tool to fit the different sizes to crush the nut after inserting it
into the hole.   I used a 7/8 or 3/8 size to replace the rear trany bracket
nut on one side that had broken off when I was doing my tear down.  It
worked beautifully and after the Crush it becomes very strong.   This saved
the day for me cause I had no idea of how else to handle that area unless I
drilled a hole from down below the frame and just threaded a nut on.
Buuuuut   this aluminum "well nut" really took care of the problem.  And
they come in a variety of sizes.

Good Luck,  Mark