healeys

Easy cost-effective suspension mod--observations

To: Healeys Newsgroup <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Easy cost-effective suspension mod--observations
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:14:00 -0800
Rigid upper trunnion bushings give a noticeable improvement in handling
precision.

At the Nock's they informed me their Nylatron bushing is completely rigid.
It's only a few bucks each for the non-offset version.

I'm currently using the offset bronze bushing setup from one of the British
suppliers and in my opinion the offset is practically nil and the main
benefit is from the rigidity of the bushing.

I had previously installed this, then installed the poly bushings, then went
back to the rigid bushings. The difference in steering precision is
noticeable.

I think the Cape needle trunnion thrust bearings help, too.

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA