healeys

Re: Tahoe event discussion

To: healeydoc@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Tahoe event discussion
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:52:34 -0800
I don't know if you've driven from Tahoe to Pasadena or, say, San
Diego in the summer, but the drill is to leave very early in the
morning so you don't have to cross the hottest parts of the desert in
midday (Death Valley Junction ring a bell?)

Leaving at midday might escape the worst of the heat in the Mojave by
putting you across it at night, but that only makes sense if you don't
mind driving a couple of hundred miles of desert in a Healey at night.

I'm not sure that taking I-5 south is an improvement in night driving
unless I had a large SUV tail.  Maybe it would be better if heading
for Pasadena.

I would hope to have my BN1 in shape to drive all night through the
desert but it isn't the sort of drive I'd choose if I had
alternatives, because _I_ might not be in shape.

I guess you have to do what is best for the majority.

-Roland