healeys

Master Cylinder comments-concours fiends delete!

To: Healeys Newsgroup <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Master Cylinder comments-concours fiends delete!
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:42:35 -0800
FWIW--pegasusautoracing.com sells the master cylinders and slave cylinders
by size. The masters come with threaded pushrods which work with a 5/16-fine
clevis which they also sell. Different pushrod lengths are also sold.
This is not OEM but allows one to adjust the position of the pedals.

This can be quite a bit less expensive than the OEM setup with the welded-on
clevis. It's also superior because the clevises are thicker and don't wear
out so fast.

In Pasadena, we're lucky enough to have a fine industrial hardware store,
Berg hardware. I asked them if they had clevises and the guy sez "what
size". Gotta love it. Berg competes at Bonneville and El Mirage, too!

Had to grind one side of the clevis down to 1/8" thickness because that's
the space between the two parts of the pedal into which one side of the
clevis must go.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA