healeys

RE: It works

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: RE: It works
From: "David Porter" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:22:11 -0600
Sorry, but I have to agree with Dave Nock on this. I see more poorly running
classic cars with electronic ignition systems than you might believe. At
least with points they can generally be repaired with a rock and a stick.
 Plus they force you to occasionally remove the dist cap to inspect, set,
and lube the advance assembly.
 Some of the early factory EI systems were horrible. The Opus systems on
Jags were/are dreadful.
 I suspect that many of the maladies that are posted on this list can be
traced to aftermarket EI installations.
 IMHO
Dave Porter