healeys

Re: BN1 timing marks

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BN1 timing marks
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:40:27 -0400
Peter Linn wrote:
> Incidentally I've never had any success getting an accurate TDC with something
> placed in the plug hole onto the piston - is there a trick to that? (I have a
> dial guage)

IF you're able to use a dial gauge in the no. 1 spark plug hole, as the
dial reverses near dead center, pick some number less than the peak
number, then note the positions of the crank pulley as you're turning
the crank *toward* TDC and reach that number, both clockwise and
counter-clockwise.  TDC will be between those two positions.
--
JohnM
Arguments are extremely vulgar, for everyone in good society holds exactly