healeys

RE: Healey overbore

To: "'James Wilson'" <snaggle2th_gb@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Healey overbore
From: "rjh" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:24:06 -0500
James:

I have 84mm pistons in my 3000 engine.  I had them made at JE Pistons
http://www.jepistons.com/

The piston design is based on a Toyota piston.

If your piston is 84mm or less in diameter, the engine size will be just
under 3 liters.  Check with your machine shop on anything larger than 84mm
as there may not be enough wall thickness in the engine block to accommodate
larger pistons.

You also need to check the placement of the wrist pin in the piston as well
as the distance of the top ring from the top of the piston if your
piston/connecting rod design allows the top of the piston to rise above the
engine block deck height.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert
Dallas, TX