healeys

Re: A Third Stop Light

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: A Third Stop Light
From: robert westcott <55healey@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:19:34 -0700
Ned,

        I bought a 32 LED brake light  ($35.00) from Watson's StreetWorks  (
www.watsons-streetworks.com)
(886) 859-0513.   I made a billit aluminum base for it and added
magnets to hold it to the top of the boot lid.  The wires snake through
the loose fitting boot and are connected to the brake light wires.  I
can take the whole unit off and slip it into the trunk for shows.
        They also  have them ready to go for $160.
        Best of all I also used their mechanical brake light switch ($19.95)
to get around the hydraulic one that doesn't work unless you stomp on
the brakes. (after a friendly reminder from an officer of the law).
Simple installation but I had to reroute the wires from the new switch
around to the existing one.  The wires can be reversed back to the old
switch in a few seconds.

Rob Westcott

'55 BN1