healeys

Re: OD Concern----revised - no healey content

To: rusd@velocitus.net, ahbn6@optonline.net
Subject: Re: OD Concern----revised - no healey content
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:35:08 -0400
Well if you go way back there was a two speed rear axle in some of the Model
T's. I think was called a Ruckstell. Lever actuated but helped the Lizzies to
climb hills...... I guess I'm really old. :)
Aloha
Perry

Dave wrote: Wow, you guys go way back, how ancient are you anyway? Anybody
remember
the "Columbia" two speed vacuum shifted rear axles in the early Fords?

Wow, you guys go way back, how ancient are you anyway? Anybody remember
the "Columbia" two speed vacuum shifted rear axles in the early Fords?

Very long ago I put a V8 engine in a 1940 Chevy. The transmission was a
1948 Packard with overdrive, had a 1938 floor shift top adapted to it.

All on demand. Always Free.