healeys

Re: Vapor lock?

To: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Vapor lock?
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:22:35 +0800
Mick -

Sounds like when you sealed the tank you plugged up the pickup.

You should never see the fuel filter run dry.  It should be full of fuel all
the time, with only a small bubble for air.  Your car is being starved for
fuel.

You also possibly may be getting vapor lock (despite my better judgement),
try wrapping the exhaust pipes under the fuel pump with header tape... this
can make a big difference.

Alan

'53 BN1
'53 A90