healeys

Re: timing lights

To: <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: timing lights
From: "Ed Townley" <healeymonster@fastwave.biz>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 07:26:47 -0600
Simon:  might consider a self powered one like the flaming river -see
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch
<http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&Ntt=tim
ing+light&searchinresults=false&N=115>
&DDS=1&Ntt=timing+light&searchinresults=false&N=115

I love mine-no 12v power cords to jury rig because of rear battery in our
cars.

Just my experience-YMMV

Ed Townley

in Southern NM, USA

Simon says (bet you never heard that before 8>):

<My Gunson timing light has gone to the great scrap yard in the sky and

fairly good riddance. It was the basically basic model with no advance,

nothing except a flashing light. Not quite a waste of time and money, but

almost.

So, an opportunity to get a new toy presents itself. My preference is, as

ever, to buy an expensive item second hand rather than a cheap one new. So

eBay probably.

Any ideas? The Snapons look good, but are pricey, even second hand.

What about Sealey? They seem offer a fair range and are mid priced.

Or the MAC TL-87? Appears to be from the States, looks like the Snapon, but

I can find nothing about it anywhere. Anybody know it??? It looks like a

fine item.

Simon Lachlan

Comfort House

Bradninch