healeys

Silly Thursday poll

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silly Thursday poll
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:35:03 -0500
All three of my cars have their origonal pumps still working. However, as a
belt and suspenders man, I have a modern pump in parallel in each car. I haven
't had to use them. This is the same pump that Moss sells for an outrageous
sum but can be gotten from NAPA, or almost any parts store' for less than
half. Just make sure that you get the low presser (about 3 lbs) version. Mine
came from J.C. Whitney

Back in the early 60's I had an XK140 drop head coupe. The pump went out on a
trip when we were in the middle of nowhere. Since I knew the pump was under
the passenger side door I had my wife open and slam the door every time the
car faltered. When we got to our destination I replace the SU with a Bendix. I
have never trusted the British pumps since.

Jack Feldman
60 BT7
69 MGC
72 MGBGT