healeys

Re: Maximum spare tire wheel size

To: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Maximum spare tire wheel size
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:21:41 +0800
Len -

Not all tires are made the same... for example my 165R15 Gillette
radials are probably a good 1/2" wider in the tread than the old
165R15 Michelins I replaced them with on my BN1.    Add to that maybe
you are mounting your 185s on a 4.5: rim rather than a 5.5" rim, which
will spread the tread out.

The 185s on my BJ8 are so wide that I can't even close  the boot lid,
unless I remove the wood block entirely.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8