healeys

Re: Austin Healey 5000

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Austin Healey 5000
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:22:44 +0800
That's easy -

Flared Fenders (no thanks), painted grill surround (barf), ugly
interior (no sebring has this right), putting vent windows with a car
that has a flat windscreen (vomit!), and strangely enough using MG
Midget vent windows that are shorter than the windscreen (projectile
vomit!!).

I know Sebrings are fast... but at the end of the day these little
changes in the Sebring kit took all the elegance and fine touch out of
Gerry Coker's design.  That's why I never wanted a Sebring!

I guess that's the reason I still like the original '60's Porsche 911
(and 912) styling before they flared all the fenders and put monster
wings on the car in the 70's and 80's... it was very elegant in the
lines as originally designed!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8