healeys

Re: Trafficator finish

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trafficator finish
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:37:50 -0500
I have always had excellent results using a soft buffing wheel mounted in a
bench grinder, and the correct buffing compound. It seems the dark brown
compound purchased at Sears for the polishing of "horn, bone and plastic" is
the best, applying the compound in stick form to the spinning buffing wheel,
then burnishing the bakelite surface very lightly until a rich black finish
is achieved. You'll soon get the "feel" for it. This seems to restore the
surface very well and will stay a smoth rich black for a very long time
(years).

Rich Chrysler