healeys

BJ8 gas gauge

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 gas gauge
From: "Bill Browning" <gbrowning@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:59:15 -0500
Hello Healey listers:

Any secrets  or pearls out there on BJ8 gas gauge accuracy? My gauge goes to
full when tank is filled up, then after about 20 miles it goes to 1/2 full
and the needle starts going "haywire" gyrating like crazy back and forth,
then after a few more miles, it goes to Empty even though the tank if close
to 3/4 full.

I have been just zeroing the odometer when filling up and watching mileage
to determine amount of gas. I've gone thru this before on a couple other
BJ8s in the past, new sending unit, adjusting float in tank, etc spending a
lot of money, and it went back to doing the same thing.

Would appreciate any magic from the list

Thanking you in advance

Bill Browning
Charlotte, N.C.