healeys

Brake servo

To: Healey webforum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake servo
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:36:01 +0100
Friends,
I opened up my Girling servo to-day which I intended to overhaul  using
the Girling reconditioning set I got with the car. Well - if someone
wants to buy an original Girling brake servo repair set he can contact
me as my servo is damaged beyond repair. Apparently water got inside in
1990 or so and you can imagine how the interior looked like.
I therefore shall have to replace the servo with a Lockheed servo of
which I've only seen a picture. Can anyone tell me how the Lockheed
servo is fitted/fixed? At the looks of it I need a special bracket to
mount the servo either to the footwell direct or to the brackets that
held the Girling servo.
All help, including maybe a picture,  will be appreciated.
Kind regards
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432