healeys

Re: GL4 Oil in Tranny?

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, frogeye@swcp.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GL4 Oil in Tranny?
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:23:52 -0600
Thanks Mike. Are you saying you use GL4 in the 100?

Here's what I found on the MGA Guru site:

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/gearbox/gt107.htm

Still confused...I suppose I'll keep the Catrol Detergent 20WX50 in there
and hope for the best. Not sure what to put in the GT6.

Vroom,
Scott

>From: Awgertoo@aol.com
>To: ahpowered@hotmail.com, frogeye@swcp.com, healeys@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: GL4 Oil in Tranny?
>Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:24:57 EST
>
>In a message dated 2/12/2006 3:32:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>ahpowered@hotmail.com writes:
>It is odd to me but the Spit list seems adamant about GL4 but I can't seem
>to grasp the reasoning. Also does the detergent damage anything in a
>straight 30W or 20W 50?
>Go to the Redline Oil site for a good explanation of the differences and
>why
>you want the GL4 for applications where there are "Yellow Metals".
>
>Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!